Is Yoga Addictive?

>

Yoga feels fantastic and is addictive, millions will argue or rather agree. The question is, Does it grow on you slowly from a casual acquaintance to a loyal partner and friend? Can it move by means of all aspects of your becoming? Here's the story of a Yoga addict. It is my story.


When I reached for a 1968 paper back on yoga several moons ago at Montreal's airport, it was the promise in the title that tempted me. It promised: Be Young With Yoga - and at the back it continued to entice - And Never Really feel Old and Tired Once again. The yellow paperback by Richard L. Hittleman has green and red letters. Pages discolored, cover tattered, it has relocated with me in as various moons.


My body mentioned yes to yoga poses in rare delight. "Restore grace, balance, poise and self-confidence". It beckoned and I followed an eager youth. Experimenting. Awkward. Intrigued. I read and practiced. Practiced and read.


In the last pages it told of "the infinite wisdom of the mental and philosophical aspects of yoga (especially Raja Yoga)". My heart craved to taste this ancient wisdom to be absorbed with a lot more. And my prayer was answered. I discovered myself drinking from the Yoga Philosophy cup each day. Waking early in the "ambrosial hour of nectar", amrit vela, longing to sit in stillness and be absorbed in the silence when far more. Aah, wine for the soul. It brought that elusive inner peace. And soon after drinking and drinking, peace remained - a garland adorned around the neck.


Back then Yoga was in the shadows. Far from the daylight quickly-paced hot activity it is now. Nonetheless as it did thousands of years ago, it flowed in your veins and enriched your blood. It softened your eyes, and calmed your heart. It made you stand on your feet, and implanted courage in your backbone. It dared you defy the norm and get your voice.


For positive, quite often I staggered as I walked and lost friends along the way. And even household raised their brows and prayed that I'd locate their way once again and not indulge so significantly. Instead I grew much less inhibited, and chose to do the unthinkable.. to follow my body's way. The drink of Yoga relieved anxiety. I definitely became additional lively.


Everyday hundreds of thousands of addicts drink from the wide variety within Yoga's cup. Some appear forward to lastly relaxing. Some enjoy working up a sweat. Others expertise freedom in chanting loudly or silently. How have you experimented with Yoga's drugs? I'd like to know your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Lasoca Yoga published by Gothic Weddings - Blogger